Trouble is that makes working on repaints for dolls near impossible. I use a spray sealant to protect the repaints and the stuff hates this high humidity. So I don't risk it. Too bad that means having to put them aside until safe to work again though.
But I can't let that stop me now. I do have other ideas running around in my head to work on. But at the moment sewing seems to be at the top of the list. It was helped along by a trip to the store last night where I found some fabric that just begged to be turned into something for dolls. Since the scale I usually work in doesn't require that much fabric I can get by with a fat quarter. That's a square of pre-cut fabric that is generally 18inches by 21inches. If the pattern is small enough you can get several doll outfits from one square.
But the one I found last night that sparked the sewing muse was not in that scale. Actually it isn't in any scale intended for doll clothes that look right, unless you have some really big dolls. But it did work well for a Cabbage Patch Kids sized back pack. Here's a pic of the start of it.
Since this fabric is quilters cotton and not really intended for backpacks I backed the panel with jean fabric for support. Should work out great.